Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Quick Oil Change Shops: Should They Be Trusted?

A lot of people take their automobile to these oil change shops simply because they don't know the right way to or don't have time to do it themselves. Yet are most of these car oil change places on the up and up? On this page I am going to explain to you why you should avoid these shops at all costs and find yourself a regular mechanic who is honest to do the work for you.

I am sure you already know that every car has certain guidelines about at what time certain services should be done. Things such as oil changes, air filter changes and other routinely scheduled maintenance. Even so have you by chance really looked through the guide on your car? I do know for certain that your motor oil does not need to be changed every 3000 miles such as these quick oil change places will tell you. If you look at your manual, you'll notice that you probably have to get the oil changed every 6000 to 7000 miles. So fundamentally these oil change places are being untruthful to you about that.

Furthermore if you look through your owners manual you can see a schedule for changing your air filter. For my vehicle, it is suggested that these air filters get replaced every two years or when it is clogged up. Actually, I hadn't changed the filtering system in four years since it still looked pretty good, but I changed it anyway. And yet, anytime I would pay a visit to these quick oil change places, they would tell me I would need a new air filter. Six months after I changed the air filter on my own, I took my car to one of these oil change places and they said my air filter needed to be changed. My air filter was slightly stained so they insisted it was setting out to clog. When I explained to them it was added about 6 months ago, they told me that I could probably still use it for another 6 months before it need to be replaced.

What annoyed me was that they initially told me that the filter had to be changed. Then once I told them about the new air filter, they changed their response. This is just complete dishonesty followed by taking care of their butt's.

A different time, one of these shops replaced my transmission fluid. Almost any time you pay a visit to these places, they will tell you that your transmission fluid will also need to be changed. Once, as soon as they informed me, I allowed them to do it. Three months afterwards, when I went back for an oil change, they tried to tell me the transmission fluid was dirty and needed to be changed again. There after, I never went to these businesses any more.

Ever since then, I have found an auto mechanic who is trustworthy that can work on my car. One thing you should consider is that the workers of the oil change places don't have to go to school to tell you what you need to have done to your car. Though a certified mechanic has had the proper education.

Great info here: compare gps devices

No comments:

Post a Comment